Company Background

Robin Electric is one of Manitoba's most established electrical contracting companies serving customers since 1965. The business grew from a two-man operation to a company that employs between 10 and 20 people.

Robin Electric was first formed as a partnership between Stan Vrsnik and Peter Peters in 1965. Stan came to Canada from Slovenia in 1958 as a journeyman electrician and earned his Canadian license as an electrical contractor in 1965.

Stan bought out his partner and incorporated Robin Electric in 1970 under Stan and Erna Vrsnik. Stan ran the electrical-business operations and Erna headed up administration and accounting.

The business got its start in the housing industry. One of the first employees was Henry Heidebrecht, who joined Robin in 1968 and ran residential wiring for over 22 years.

Henry was joined by Bruno Znidarsic (1972), Peter Van Kemenade and Mike Roshka (1973) who helped to usher the company into industrial, commercial and institutional electrical services.

In 1972, Robin Electric built the office and warehouse at its current location at 2011 Plessis Road in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

The company's first job was a field-lighting project at a local baseball field. Later, Robin grew to manage more remote and comprhensive projects such as upgrading a fire alarm system for satellite monitoring along the DEW line in the Northwest Territories and upgrading a TransCanada Pipeline compressor station.

Today, Robin Electric provides a wide range of electrical services to industrial, commercial and institutional customers across Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northwest Ontario, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories.